One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The theory or philosophy of Islamic law, based on the teachings of the Koran and the traditions of the Prophet.
- ‘Most of them emerged from rural pesantrems (religious schools), are fluent in Arabic and are trained in fiqh.’
- ‘The complete details of how the Prophet performed this type of prayer are to be found in the books of hadîth and fiqh.’
- ‘Those youth who conducted the operations did not accept any fiqh in the popular terms, but they accepted the fiqh that the prophet Muhammad brought.’
- ‘What is generally not realized is that there is no difference on issues of law or fiqh between these groups.’
- ‘Do you see them as indicating increasing possibilities and spaces for gender-just notions of Islam and fiqh?’
Arabic, literally ‘understanding’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.