One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The theory or philosophy of Islamic law, based on the teachings of the Koran and the traditions of the Prophet.
- ‘Do you see them as indicating increasing possibilities and spaces for gender-just notions of Islam and fiqh?’
- ‘Most of them emerged from rural pesantrems (religious schools), are fluent in Arabic and are trained in fiqh.’
- ‘What is generally not realized is that there is no difference on issues of law or fiqh between these groups.’
- ‘The complete details of how the Prophet performed this type of prayer are to be found in the books of hadîth and fiqh.’
- ‘Those youth who conducted the operations did not accept any fiqh in the popular terms, but they accepted the fiqh that the prophet Muhammad brought.’
Arabic, literally ‘understanding’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.