One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A buffet consisting of food of a kind that may be easily eaten with the fingers.
- ‘There will be free admission on the night and a light finger buffet will also be served.’
- ‘A number of Rutland County Councillors are due to be present at the lunch which will consist of a finger buffet and mineral water.’
- ‘From a finger buffet through to a 3-course dinner we will tailor every detail to meet your individual needs.’
- ‘Menus are available for working lunches, finger buffets and sit-down lunches - prices range from 1.85 to 12.95 per head.’
- ‘It was also Pam who co-ordinated the other ladies of the committee to provide excellent food for the finger buffet supper.’
- ‘Winners will be able to enjoy a delicious finger buffet prior to the start of the movie, and will also receive a Coke and popcorn voucher.’
- ‘Up to 50 people can attend the ceremony and catering arrangements range from a five-course sit down meal to a finger buffet.’
- ‘Tickets £ 4.50 to include a finger buffet.’
- ‘So it'd be on with the party cassock and lead me to the finger buffet and whiskey.’
- ‘The pub can cater for up to 50 guests and catering arrangements range from a five-course sit down meal to a finger buffet.’
- ‘As does the idea of specially erected little curtains and an opening ceremony with local councillors, warm wine and a finger buffet.’
- ‘On board will be plenty of scuba diving equipment, fishing tackle, a light finger buffet which will run all day, and unlimited beer, soft drinks, red and white wine.’
- ‘The night got off to a good start with bar bites and a finger buffet for all guests present.’
- ‘We caught the Windsorian bus up to the State Apartments and enjoyed tiny sausages on sticks at the finger buffet in the Waterloo room.’
- ‘The upstairs dining area is an extremely flexible space which can accomodate up to 80 guests for a sit down meal or up to 120 for a finger buffet.’
- ‘The Tawny Owl can cater for up to 50 wedding guests and catering arrangements range from a five-course sit down meal to a finger buffet.’
- ‘A finger buffet is organised along with a disco with many spot prizes on offer.’
- ‘Tickets are £ 10 which includes the first drink and a substantial finger buffet.’
- ‘A total of 500 tickets are available, during which guests will enjoy refreshments, a finger buffet and traditional Orcadian music.’
- ‘At lunchtime there is sandwiches and for evening screenings, there is usually a finger buffet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.