One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A buffet consisting of food of a kind that may be easily eaten with the fingers.
- ‘It was also Pam who co-ordinated the other ladies of the committee to provide excellent food for the finger buffet supper.’
- ‘The pub can cater for up to 50 guests and catering arrangements range from a five-course sit down meal to a finger buffet.’
- ‘A finger buffet is organised along with a disco with many spot prizes on offer.’
- ‘So it'd be on with the party cassock and lead me to the finger buffet and whiskey.’
- ‘The upstairs dining area is an extremely flexible space which can accomodate up to 80 guests for a sit down meal or up to 120 for a finger buffet.’
- ‘The night got off to a good start with bar bites and a finger buffet for all guests present.’
- ‘A total of 500 tickets are available, during which guests will enjoy refreshments, a finger buffet and traditional Orcadian music.’
- ‘From a finger buffet through to a 3-course dinner we will tailor every detail to meet your individual needs.’
- ‘At lunchtime there is sandwiches and for evening screenings, there is usually a finger buffet.’
- ‘Menus are available for working lunches, finger buffets and sit-down lunches - prices range from 1.85 to 12.95 per head.’
- ‘Winners will be able to enjoy a delicious finger buffet prior to the start of the movie, and will also receive a Coke and popcorn voucher.’
- ‘Tickets are £ 10 which includes the first drink and a substantial finger buffet.’
- ‘Tickets £ 4.50 to include a finger buffet.’
- ‘Up to 50 people can attend the ceremony and catering arrangements range from a five-course sit down meal to a finger buffet.’
- ‘As does the idea of specially erected little curtains and an opening ceremony with local councillors, warm wine and a finger buffet.’
- ‘The Tawny Owl can cater for up to 50 wedding guests and catering arrangements range from a five-course sit down meal to a finger buffet.’
- ‘There will be free admission on the night and a light finger buffet will also be served.’
- ‘We caught the Windsorian bus up to the State Apartments and enjoyed tiny sausages on sticks at the finger buffet in the Waterloo room.’
- ‘A number of Rutland County Councillors are due to be present at the lunch which will consist of a finger buffet and mineral water.’
- ‘On board will be plenty of scuba diving equipment, fishing tackle, a light finger buffet which will run all day, and unlimited beer, soft drinks, red and white wine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.