Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A procedure in which a thin needle is used to draw cells or fluid from a lump or mass under the skin.
- ‘Sperm may be obtained from the testicle using needle biopsy or fine needle aspiration.’
- ‘We report a case of nodular cervical thymic tissue in an infant diagnosed by fine needle aspiration.’
- ‘We describe an infant with an asymptomatic cervical thymic mass diagnosed by fine needle aspiration.’
- ‘A fine needle aspiration just obtains individual cells.’
- ‘Outpatient pathological sampling of a palpable lymph node is performed by fine needle aspiration cytology.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.