Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A procedure in which a thin needle is used to draw cells or fluid from a lump or mass under the skin.
- ‘A fine needle aspiration just obtains individual cells.’
- ‘We report a case of nodular cervical thymic tissue in an infant diagnosed by fine needle aspiration.’
- ‘Sperm may be obtained from the testicle using needle biopsy or fine needle aspiration.’
- ‘Outpatient pathological sampling of a palpable lymph node is performed by fine needle aspiration cytology.’
- ‘We describe an infant with an asymptomatic cervical thymic mass diagnosed by fine needle aspiration.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.