One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Chemical substances prepared to a very high degree of purity for use in research and industry.
- ‘Proprietary technologies will target the local production of high value fine chemicals destined for export markets.’
- ‘Even in large countries, generic producers frequently had to obtain ingredients such as fine chemicals from producers in other countries.’
- ‘Until 1997 the site was used mainly to manufacture fine chemicals and pharmaceuticals.’
- ‘Pharmacists at that time purchased fine chemicals and botanicals and compounded their own medications.’
- ‘These organic acids are fine chemicals that are used in the production of plasticisers, flavourings, fragrances and pharmaceuticals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.