One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Detect a person's immoral or offensive actions.‘she would always find him out if he tried to lie’
- ‘Whenever you are in trouble, you automatically resort to lies until you are found out.’
- ‘Misbehave and you are tomorrow's big headlines - if you are found out.’
- ‘They were found out because of a mislabeled package, not because the FBI or any other law enforcement agencies were on the case.’
- ‘It was inevitable that you would be found out and convicted but in my view you were good at taking people in - you made it an art form.’
- ‘Once you were found out, you said that you'd only been paid a small sum.’
- ‘She lied her way through school and university, until she was found out and had to leave.’
- ‘Don't try to fabricate anything on your CV, and don't try to hide anything at the interview, because you will be found out.’
- ‘Even if he does dispose of these assets, there will always be the accusation that he only did so once he was found out.’
- ‘‘It certainly wasn't planned but I had a good idea what the consequences would have been if we had been found out,’ she said.’
- ‘Sooner or later events expose lies and find liars out, as the minister is already finding to his cost.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.