One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for fin whale
- ‘Spend six to eight hours a day on the water with giant blue whales, finbacks and humpbacks as you assist researchers with data collection.’
- ‘Sea life on the rocky walls isn't all that benefits: humpback, finback and right whales are all common here, as are dolphins and seals.’
- ‘Apparently nobody noticed that they were pushing around this dead 60 foot finback whale for possibly up to two days.’
- ‘In 1871, Dr. Thomas Dwight, Jr. purchased a large finback whale and had the carcass towed to Spectacle Island in Boston Harbor, where the bones were carefully cleaned.’
- ‘Take a whale watching tour and see more kinds of whales more often than anywhere else - playful humpbacks, giant finbacks, and maybe even the rare right whale!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.