One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A legislative bill proposing changes to taxes, duties, etc.‘this year's finance bill introduced new certification requirements for hotels’
- ‘Until the Finance Bill is published, it won't be clear how much reporting requirements will raise a substitute barrier.’
- ‘Notable events of the previous month include the publication of the finance bill and the ending of some tax incentive schemes.’
- ‘Mortgage brokers have called for a clause to be put into this year's finance bill that would ensure that tax thresholds would automatically change each year in line with house prices.’
- ‘A spokesperson will today propose an amendment to the Government's Finance Bill as it reaches committee stage.’
- ‘A feature of finance bills in recent years has been the inclusion of eye-catching measures which had not been included in the Budget.’
- ‘The opposition blocked the government's finance bills, thereby plunging the government into chaos.’
- ‘The former children's minister is planning to put forward amendments to the finance bill introducing a tax break for married couples.’
- ‘The change will only take effect when the Finance Bill is published in the new year.’
- ‘The taxation committee chair said it is not too late for the government to change the Finance Bill to take account of the serious concerns of farmers.’
- ‘A measure included in the Finance Bill published last week means the 20 per cent rate will now remain indefinitely.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.