One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A boat's keel shaped like an inverted dorsal fin.
- ‘She is very well mannered in conditions that would give fits to the helmsmen of modern boats with high aspect fin keels and spade rudders.’
- ‘With the introduction of the 35.5, the fin keel option was dropped.’
- ‘The sailboat has a fin keel and a rudder that resemble the dorsal and pectoral fins of orcas, said Pakenham.’
- ‘The ballast/displacement ratio is 46% for the centerboard model and 43% for the fin keel model.’
- ‘The 36 features a fin keel and partially balanced spade rudder and length overall is 36'7’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.