Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A boat's keel shaped like an inverted dorsal fin.
- ‘The 36 features a fin keel and partially balanced spade rudder and length overall is 36'7’.’
- ‘She is very well mannered in conditions that would give fits to the helmsmen of modern boats with high aspect fin keels and spade rudders.’
- ‘The ballast/displacement ratio is 46% for the centerboard model and 43% for the fin keel model.’
- ‘With the introduction of the 35.5, the fin keel option was dropped.’
- ‘The sailboat has a fin keel and a rudder that resemble the dorsal and pectoral fins of orcas, said Pakenham.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.