One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘You could smell his filthiness a long way away.’
- ‘The house was a little bigger on the inside than it had appeared externally, though my first impression of its filthiness held true.’
- ‘Those statements have, in every case, been allegations of fact - illness, madness, filthiness or defilement.’
- ‘The dirt and the filthiness of the city and its open drains nauseate her.’
- ‘The guard hesitated, eying her suspiciously, taking in her filthiness and the peasant clothes she was wearing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.