One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of cigarette with an absorbent section at the end that removes impurities from the inhaled smoke.‘a standard pack of filter cigarettes’
- ‘Smokers of modern low-tar filtered cigarettes tend to compensate by increasing the number and depth of puffs.’
- ‘She puffed on a filter cigarette in an agitated manner.’
- ‘He sat in his office, his massive hand shaking, holding a filter cigarette.’
- ‘He is asked if he knows whether he smokes only filter cigarettes.’
- ‘He spoke mockingly, drawing hard on a white filtered cigarette.’
- ‘He pulled a pack out of his denim jacket and jerked it, causing exactly one filtered cigarette to stick out.’
- ‘Sitting next to him was an unkempt, overweight guy smoking a filter cigarette.’
- ‘Flies buzz nearby while filter cigarette butts litter the ground.’
- ‘Taking a deep draw on a filtered cigarette, she exhales and proceeds to vent her spleen about the woman she believes is sounding the death knell for community life.’
- ‘In the photo, a young man smokes his first American-style filter cigarette.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.