One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Tadpoles tend to school, and be filter-feeders.’
- ‘Because they are filter-feeders, pollutants in the water will accumulate in the tissue of mussels until they reach a toxic level killing the organism.’
- ‘Alternatively, it may simply have been adapted as a wading filter-feeder on rocky or uneven bottoms.’
- ‘What happens to the plankton on which the filter-feeders feed?’
- ‘And accumulation is more of a problem in animals higher in the food chain, e.g. sharks with mercury, as well as filter-feeders.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.