Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A list of films by one director or actor, or on one subject.
- ‘The DVD's only supplements are the original theatrical trailer and incomplete cast and director filmographies.’
- ‘There are the usual biographies and filmographies of actors and filmmakers, a limited stills gallery with twelve pictures, and an inexplicably red-banded trailer.’
- ‘Finally there is a quick list of filmographies of the cast and the director.’
- ‘The supplements include a trailer and director and cast filmographies.’
- ‘The biggest disappointment of the DVD presentation is the lack of any significant extra content; only cast and director biographies and filmographies are offered.’
- ‘But hey, subtitles come in a variety of languages, from Portuguese to Thai, and there are the requisite boring filmographies of the director and stars that no one reads anyway.’
- ‘Of particular relevance to film studies researchers is the fact that the book includes a useful filmography, listed both by films and directors.’
- ‘The theatrical trailer and unusually detailed bio / filmographies for the lead actors and the writer/director round out the content.’
- ‘Only a filmography for Clint Eastwood and the theatrical trailer are offered.’
- ‘The theatrical trailer and filmographies for the director and many cast members fills out the extras.’
- ‘You'll also get a surprisingly ample plate of cast and crew filmographies, and some soundtrack album cover art.’
- ‘Your filmography is dominated by films directed by women featuring complex, central female characters.’
- ‘The extras are limited to a brief filmography for director Michael Steinberg, Stiles, and Patrick Muldoon.’
- ‘There is also a director filmography, which is kind of like getting a weather report from a CD player.’
- ‘At least we get a trailer and a filmography that does a decent job of showcasing the film, and the talent involved.’
- ‘A filmography, listing all films mentioned throughout, is at the end of the article.’
- ‘Also on the disc are a lengthy poster and photo archive, production notes, thorough cast and director biographies / filmographies, and the original theatrical trailer.’
- ‘There's also a trailer for this film, a DVD specification list, and some filmographies and biographies too.’
- ‘You get filmographies of five actors and nine members of the creative team.’
- ‘My choices out of her filmography listed previously will probably indicate how I feel about her.’
1960s: from film + -graphy, on the pattern of bibliography.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.