One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An actor or actress who is famous for playing leading roles in films.
actor, actress, film actor, film actress, leading man, leading woman, leading lady, lead, principal, performer, starletView synonyms
- ‘To be a film star she must be willing to go all the way.’
- ‘You mostly have to be good if you want to be a film star, but you don't become a film star just by being good.’
- ‘Mel was the kind of man who I thought would be a film star.’
- ‘There is a message loud and clear for the younger generation to go vegetarian whether one is an ordinary person or a film star.’
- ‘My dentist told me that for that price I could have a set of teeth like a Hollywood film star.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.