Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An actor or actress who is famous for playing leading roles in films.
actor, actress, film actor, film actress, leading man, leading woman, leading lady, lead, principal, performer, starletcelebrity, celebutante, star, famous actor, famous actress, personality, household name, superstarmovie starcelebmatinee idolluvvieView synonyms
- ‘You mostly have to be good if you want to be a film star, but you don't become a film star just by being good.’
- ‘To be a film star she must be willing to go all the way.’
- ‘My dentist told me that for that price I could have a set of teeth like a Hollywood film star.’
- ‘Mel was the kind of man who I thought would be a film star.’
- ‘There is a message loud and clear for the younger generation to go vegetarian whether one is an ordinary person or a film star.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.