One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A collection of films, especially one kept for research or for borrowing or renting.‘a film library of more than 5,000 titles’
- ‘This will make a fine selection for any academic film library, public or private.’
- ‘The American Film Institute maintains an extensive film library and trains filmmakers at its conservatory in Los Angeles.’
- ‘Bergman fans will immediately recognize this definitive boxed set as an essential addition to their film libraries.’
- ‘The archive and film library are ever expanding along with the collection's holdings.’
- ‘It should be a part of the film libraries of all aspiring filmmakers.’
- ‘He returned to London where he worked briefly in the film library at Paramount News before joining the Royal Navy.’
- ‘But the problem is that film library values are in decline because of the industry-wide slump in DVD sales.’
- ‘Studios will make pay networks out of their film libraries.’
- ‘MGM has long been seeking a cable outlet for its valuable film library.’
- ‘Even if you opt out of the set, A Clockwork Orange is an essential entry in your film library.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.