One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounPlural film industries
The area of commercial activity concerned with the production and distribution of films.‘Emma works in the film industry’‘the relationship between the US, UK, and European film industries’
- ‘Just a few years ago, economic recession virtually brought Asian film industries to their knees.’
- ‘Edison left the film industry in 1918, at a time when the Hollywood infrastructure was beginning to solidify.’
- ‘What personal reflections can you offer regarding the current state of the feature film industry in Hong Kong?’
- ‘She came West to pursue a career in art while working in production in the film industry.’
- ‘The film industry was in need of new strategies for earning revenue.’
- ‘Greater economic incentives for the local film industry were provided.’
- ‘Like the music and film industries, the adult-entertainment industry has grappled with digital piracy.’
- ‘We sat down and asked him a bunch of random questions about his creative career in the horror film industry.’
- ‘There are many exhibitions, festivals, markets, and events that have been developed specifically for the film industry.’
- ‘Unlike film industries elsewhere, Bollywood has never been funded by the state.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.