One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The area of commercial activity concerned with the production and distribution of films.‘Emma works in the film industry’‘the relationship between the US, UK, and European film industries’
- ‘Unlike film industries elsewhere, Bollywood has never been funded by the state.’
- ‘We sat down and asked him a bunch of random questions about his creative career in the horror film industry.’
- ‘Just a few years ago, economic recession virtually brought Asian film industries to their knees.’
- ‘Edison left the film industry in 1918, at a time when the Hollywood infrastructure was beginning to solidify.’
- ‘Like the music and film industries, the adult-entertainment industry has grappled with digital piracy.’
- ‘There are many exhibitions, festivals, markets, and events that have been developed specifically for the film industry.’
- ‘What personal reflections can you offer regarding the current state of the feature film industry in Hong Kong?’
- ‘Greater economic incentives for the local film industry were provided.’
- ‘The film industry was in need of new strategies for earning revenue.’
- ‘She came West to pursue a career in art while working in production in the film industry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.