One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who controls the making of a film and supervises the actors and technical crew.‘the Spanish film director Pedro Almodovar’
- ‘Before he became a film director he was a stand-up comedian and comic actor.’
- ‘It was then that Andy Warhol met many of his frequent collaborators, such as art film director Paul Morrissey.’
- ‘In the early part of his career, Hitchcock was widely considered to be Britain's best film director.’
- ‘The big difference between film directors and TV writers comes down to the work itself.’
- ‘When I think of legendary film directors, I think of Welles, Hitchcock, Ford, Hawks, all directors of mighty movies.’
- ‘Her films are pivotal to a growing association between female film directors and youth-targeted Hollywood films.’
- ‘The art of the film director is often so integral to a film that it is difficult to explain or even notice.’
- ‘Douglas's reputation as a film director rests largely on three films he made in the 1970s.’
- ‘Who's the most famous film director in the world?’
- ‘Tallents was responsible for the engagement of the documentary film director John Grierson, initially at the Empire Marketing Board.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.