One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who controls the making of a film and supervises the actors and technical crew.‘the Spanish film director Pedro Almodovar’
- ‘Her films are pivotal to a growing association between female film directors and youth-targeted Hollywood films.’
- ‘Before he became a film director he was a stand-up comedian and comic actor.’
- ‘In the early part of his career, Hitchcock was widely considered to be Britain's best film director.’
- ‘The big difference between film directors and TV writers comes down to the work itself.’
- ‘Douglas's reputation as a film director rests largely on three films he made in the 1970s.’
- ‘Tallents was responsible for the engagement of the documentary film director John Grierson, initially at the Empire Marketing Board.’
- ‘It was then that Andy Warhol met many of his frequent collaborators, such as art film director Paul Morrissey.’
- ‘The art of the film director is often so integral to a film that it is difficult to explain or even notice.’
- ‘Who's the most famous film director in the world?’
- ‘When I think of legendary film directors, I think of Welles, Hitchcock, Ford, Hawks, all directors of mighty movies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.