One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who reviews films, especially one who does so professionally.‘even film critics can change their opinion over time’
- ‘It's valuable because Hoberman, one of America's best film critics, so astutely pinpoints the intersections between politics and culture.’
- ‘There sprung up in a new generation of film critics a desire to analyze films stylistically rather than thematically.’
- ‘I was informed my film was very well received by the film critics and audiences in your country.’
- ‘Feminist film critics have used this term to analyse the way that mainstream films maintain patriarchal norms.’
- ‘As a film critic, he might have a different perspective on what makes a good independent film.’
- ‘His work has been discussed by the major film critics of leading journals.’
- ‘I've often said I have no visual sense and, when I became a film critic, I had to develop one.’
- ‘Halloween opened in 1978 to rave reviews from film critics, who quickly declared it a new horror classic.’
- ‘In the program's early days, Leonard was on board as resident film critic.’
- ‘White is film critic for the New York Press.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.