One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is very interested in and knowledgeable about films.‘my husband and I are great film buffs’
- ‘Film buffs will also enjoy the experience of seeing one of the last two-strip Technicolor silent films.’
- ‘Die-hard Hepburn fans and film buffs may want to check this disc out, others needn't bother.’
- ‘Every film buff knows his name, but he needs more leading roles and less time as a support actor.’
- ‘Being the film buff I am, I should have known better than to trust the trailers as a beacon of accuracy.’
- ‘I know that the majority of film buffs will find this to be complete drivel.’
- ‘The trailer is an entertaining bit of history, nice for any film buff to have on hand.’
- ‘I was so much looking forward to this film because, of course, I'm a big film buff too.’
- ‘Ask people to name a contemporary screenwriter and even some of the most ardent film buffs might be left scratching their heads.’
- ‘For film buffs, this is an important look into the development of a well-known director.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.