One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An award given in recognition of an achievement in the film industry.‘the movie has already won several international film awards’as modifier ‘the film award season is upon us’
- ‘BBC Films titles have won an Oscar, five Golden Globes and numerous BAFTA film awards.’
- ‘But, one year, three movies and a best film award later, Hearne dropped out of film school.’
- ‘The Academy Awards are the most prominent film awards in the United States and arguably the world.’
- ‘Despina, a medium-length feature film, received the Best Film Award in the Thessaloniki Film Festival of the same year.’
- ‘He was nominated 54 times for various film awards, virtually sweeping every Best Actor honor for "Capote" in 2006.’
- ‘The film is currently riding high across international film awards nominations and at the US Box office.’
- ‘The State film award presentation ceremony the other day was a memorable event.’
- ‘Edna won a European Film Award for Best Supporting Player in 1989 for her performance in Mike Leigh's High Hopes.’
- ‘He was adjudged the second best actor in the State film awards.’
- ‘The film awards reward the best work of any nationality seen on British movie theater screens during the preceding year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.