One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A collection of films that have been preserved because of their historical or cultural interest.‘the Arts Council is planning to put its film archive online’
- ‘The government's decision to deposit official film there led to the establishment in the museum of the world's first film archive.’
- ‘As for the film archives, those of some major studios are freely accessible, while others are not.’
- ‘Funding for the sound and film archives assistant post has since been extended for a further 12 months.’
- ‘Best source for his films is a university film archive, which may show them on occasion.’
- ‘Eventually, I would love to teach film studies or do work involving film archives.’
- ‘The South East Film and Video Archive, like the majority of the regional film archives, houses a great deal of amateur family film footage.’
- ‘During the period of their production, Ireland had no central film archive.’
- ‘Most film archives can't really afford to recognize the cultural history embedded in these captured everyday moments.’
- ‘Microfilm copies are located at Harvard University's film archive in Lament Library.’
- ‘Our work could benefit public service and commercial film archives, which are experiencing growing demand from new multimedia and broadcasting outlets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.