One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The direction or production of films for the cinema or television.‘the best emerging talent in independent film-making’‘a brilliant piece of film-making’as modifier ‘the film-making process’
- ‘Independent filmmaking didn't start with the Sundance Film Festival.’
- ‘These historical examples of regional filmmaking (and regional scholarship) are models for an original, valuable cinema culture.’
- ‘As the creative force behind our filmmaking activities, I kept striving for new sensations.’
- ‘Also included are prints, sculpture, installation, video, filmmaking, photography, performance, and digital art.’
- ‘She closed that chapter in her life, came to New York, studied filmmaking at NYU, and made several short films.’
- ‘During the heyday of the counterculture in the '60s and '70s, a few brave souls crept out of formula filmmaking and found surprisingly wide audiences.’
- ‘You'll find tremendous mutual support and friendship in the horror filmmaking community.’
- ‘This shot has fascinated every living director since the dawn of filmmaking.’
- ‘I would say that was my biggest challenge in adapting to the Hollywood style of filmmaking.’
- ‘One of the tragedies of documentary filmmaking is not being able to include everyone in the movie.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.