Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An identifying name given to a computer file.
- ‘The protocol name is simply the filename, excluding any file extension.’
- ‘One thing to watch out for when encrypting filenames is that filenames must remain valid after encryption.’
- ‘You can see not only the address of the file being downloaded but the filename too.’
- ‘The application is responsible for mapping this identifier back to the filename.’
- ‘It will not be named with reference to its absolute filename or address as filenames and addresses have a tendency to change.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.