One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An identifying name given to a computer file.
- ‘You can see not only the address of the file being downloaded but the filename too.’
- ‘It will not be named with reference to its absolute filename or address as filenames and addresses have a tendency to change.’
- ‘The application is responsible for mapping this identifier back to the filename.’
- ‘One thing to watch out for when encrypting filenames is that filenames must remain valid after encryption.’
- ‘The protocol name is simply the filename, excluding any file extension.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.