One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A string of characters attached to a filename, usually preceded by a full stop and indicating the format of the file.
- ‘This is done by viewing the file extension in the email attachment.’
- ‘Have you ever gotten an e-mail from a friend with a file extension you may not be familiar with?’
- ‘When I try to click these files, a window appears and asks me to select the appropriate file extension.’
- ‘The protocol name is simply the filename, excluding any file extension.’
- ‘My best guess is that Ed has accidentally saved some images with the wrong file extension.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.