Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A string of characters attached to a filename, usually preceded by a full stop and indicating the format of the file.
- ‘My best guess is that Ed has accidentally saved some images with the wrong file extension.’
- ‘Have you ever gotten an e-mail from a friend with a file extension you may not be familiar with?’
- ‘This is done by viewing the file extension in the email attachment.’
- ‘When I try to click these files, a window appears and asks me to select the appropriate file extension.’
- ‘The protocol name is simply the filename, excluding any file extension.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.