One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A string of characters attached to a filename, usually preceded by a full stop and indicating the format of the file.
- ‘My best guess is that Ed has accidentally saved some images with the wrong file extension.’
- ‘The protocol name is simply the filename, excluding any file extension.’
- ‘When I try to click these files, a window appears and asks me to select the appropriate file extension.’
- ‘This is done by viewing the file extension in the email attachment.’
- ‘Have you ever gotten an e-mail from a friend with a file extension you may not be familiar with?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.