One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person employed in an office to file or retrieve documents.‘I entered the company as a file clerk seven years ago’
- ‘It was legal for me to work, and I did so as a file clerk in an appliance store.’
- ‘I know it wasn't easy starting as a file clerk and advancing into management.’
- ‘He works in a mind-numbingly boring job as a hospital file clerk.’
- ‘A helpful file clerk had attached a note that he had a Veterans Administration claim number that may be of help to me.’
- ‘The union is as diverse - in ethnicity, income and job status - as a local can possibly be, with members ranging from physicians to file clerks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.