One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tropical disease caused by the presence of filarial worms, especially in the lymph vessels where heavy infestation can result in elephantiasis.
- ‘In 2002, 32 countries used mass drug administration to stop transmission of lymphatic filariasis.’
- ‘Malaria, filariasis, and dengue fever are the three major causes of morbidity and mortality in developing countries.’
- ‘Lymphatic filariasis was classified into acute or chronic disease.’
- ‘At a time when diseases spread by mosquitoes such as dengue fever and filariasis are on the increase, the experts' warning is alarming.’
- ‘Lack of awareness regarding all vector-borne diseases like filariasis is the major bottleneck in the promotion of such schemes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.