One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pilot who flies a fast military aircraft designed for attacking other aircraft.‘he was one of the RAF's most experienced fighter pilots’
- ‘And I was going through pre-flight down in Georgia, getting ready to become a Marine fighter pilot.’
- ‘During the Battle of Britain its resources were severely stretched, with the life expectation for fighter pilots down to four or five weeks.’
- ‘Born in France, where her father, an RCAF fighter pilot, was based in 1957, she is one of four kids.’
- ‘Luftwaffe history is replete with legends of indomitable German fighter pilots.’
- ‘The fighter pilots don't need to see the smugglers to mark them with their radar.’
- ‘A US fighter pilot responsible for the destruction of two airliners, O'Brien is recruited to fly for a mercenary outfit.’
- ‘He isn't happy being forced to remain on the home front, especially since his son is risking his life daily as a fighter pilot.’
- ‘In this more modern era, it takes a minimum of four years to train a fighter pilot, even longer for a battalion commander.’
- ‘This training is more commonly associated with fighter pilots forced to bail out over enemy territory.’
- ‘As part of their primary mission, NATO fighter pilots sit on continuous alert, ready to intercept and identify uninvited aircraft.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.