One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A theory that explains physical phenomena in terms of a field and the manner in which it interacts with matter or with other fields.
- ‘Therefore the low energy effective field theory that one gets when looking at a string theory at an energy scale so low that the strings look just like their massless particle modes is generally a supergravity theory.’
- ‘Lattice-gauge theorists use the Feynman path-integral technique to quantize the field theory.’
- ‘More recently it has been shown that if CPT is broken in field theory, then Lorentz symmetry must also be broken.’
- ‘Quantum chromodynamics, the current theory of the strong interactions, is a field theory of quarks and gluons.’
- ‘The consistency condition for string theory when described in this manner is that the field theory on the worldsheet satisfy the condition for scale invariance, also known as conformal invariance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.