One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A transistor in which most current is carried along a channel whose effective resistance can be controlled by a transverse electric field.
- ‘Pica takes advantage of the way that field-effect transistors emit photons when they switch, letting sensors track circuit activity across the chip.’
- ‘Superconducting field-effect transistors and Josephson-junction integrated circuits have been demonstrated.’
- ‘Signals from neurons or other electrically active cells have been recorded using microelectrode arrays of metallized electrodes on glass or silicon substrates or nonmetallized field-effect transistors.’
- ‘This latest development comes four years after IBM built the first nanotube field-effect transistors, a component in the construction of computer chips that controls the flow of electrical current.’
- ‘In 1997, researchers demonstrated that semiconducting nanotubes can act as field-effect transistors, which are the the bread and butter of all electronic devices.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.