One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inclined to fidget; restless or uneasy.‘I get nervous and fidgety at the dentist’
restless, restive, on edge, uneasy, nervous, keyed up, anxious, agitated, discomposedView synonyms
- ‘My twitchy, fidgety mind was already having trouble settling on any single subject for more than thirty seconds.’
- ‘This made me jittery, fidgety, wired, and slightly more insane than usual.’
- ‘This is an area where I've often noticed politicians getting a bit fidgety, uneasy even.’
- ‘Came the big day and she was as nervous and fidgety as a college senior before finals.’
- ‘My sister and my mother are the opposite - they are nervous and fidgety.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.