One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A writer or inventor of fiction.‘he was a fictioneer of extraordinary invention’
author, writer of fiction, creative writer, man of letters, woman of lettersView synonyms
- ‘Our parents' generation or our grandparents' remembered the West as it was, and a lot of it was just as Romantic as fictioneers have dreamed it.’
- ‘Not only an impressive fictioneer, he's also a technical journalist specialising in radio.’
- ‘It won't have been his intention but following his memoir, Experience, The War confirms that his real strength lies not as a fictioneer but as an essayist.’
- ‘I explained that his novels would be in competition with the slick, fast-paced, thrill-a-minute entertainments of the American pulp fictioneers.’
- ‘The short story is considered by many (if not most) fictioneers to be the most difficult mode of narrative expression.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.