One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A writer or inventor of fiction.‘he was a fictioneer of extraordinary invention’
author, writer of fiction, creative writer, man of letters, woman of lettersView synonyms
- ‘Not only an impressive fictioneer, he's also a technical journalist specialising in radio.’
- ‘It won't have been his intention but following his memoir, Experience, The War confirms that his real strength lies not as a fictioneer but as an essayist.’
- ‘The short story is considered by many (if not most) fictioneers to be the most difficult mode of narrative expression.’
- ‘I explained that his novels would be in competition with the slick, fast-paced, thrill-a-minute entertainments of the American pulp fictioneers.’
- ‘Our parents' generation or our grandparents' remembered the West as it was, and a lot of it was just as Romantic as fictioneers have dreamed it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.