One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who tells lies.
deceiver, fibber, falsifier, teller of lies, teller of untruths, perjurer, false witness, fabricator, equivocator, prevaricator, spinner of yarnsView synonyms
- ‘They delighted in neatness, could not endure sluts, and even hated fibsters, tell-tales, and divulgers of secrets.’
- ‘I'd be loath to have you think me a fibster or dissembler.’
- ‘Julia raised her brows, hoping she had a natural talent for being a fibster, for it would take audacity to pull the wool over Sophie's eyes.’
- ‘In farce, we see a fibster involving himself in unending snarls, and yet in the end getting off scot-free.’
- ‘Children are the foremost, the most charming fibsters, and at the same time the sincerest people on earth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.