A person who tells lies.
deceiver, fibber, falsifier, teller of lies, teller of untruths, perjurer, false witness, fabricator, equivocator, prevaricator, spinner of yarnsView synonyms
- ‘I'd be loath to have you think me a fibster or dissembler.’
- ‘Julia raised her brows, hoping she had a natural talent for being a fibster, for it would take audacity to pull the wool over Sophie's eyes.’
- ‘They delighted in neatness, could not endure sluts, and even hated fibsters, tell-tales, and divulgers of secrets.’
- ‘In farce, we see a fibster involving himself in unending snarls, and yet in the end getting off scot-free.’
- ‘Children are the foremost, the most charming fibsters, and at the same time the sincerest people on earth.’