Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A rheumatic condition characterized by muscular or musculoskeletal pain with stiffness and localized tenderness at specific points on the body.
- ‘There are no specific tests for fibromyalgia and diagnosis can be difficult because of the variation in symptoms from person to person.’
- ‘The cause and pathophysiology of fibromyalgia are unknown.’
- ‘There may even be groups for specific types of chronic pain, such as arthritis, fibromyalgia or irritable bowel syndrome.’
- ‘This unfortunate merry-go-round is especially serious with certain painful conditions like fibromyalgia.’
- ‘Antidepressants such as amitriptyline and prothiaden are sometimes used to treat chronic pain, including fibromyalgia.’
- ‘They say that widespread body pain is a cardinal feature of fibromyalgia.’
- ‘The pain of arthritis and fibromyalgia keeps me awake most nights.’
- ‘There is also substantial overlap with other functional disorders such as chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, and chronic pelvic pain.’
- ‘Melatonin may be used to treat insomnia, delayed sleep phase syndrome, fibromyalgia, or jet lag.’
- ‘It can be used for a variety of conditions like migraine headaches or fibromyalgia, even cancer pain or inflammatory bowel disease.’
- ‘Studies of clinic patients with fibromyalgia have suggested that it is a difficult condition to treat and symptoms resolve infrequently.’
- ‘Several clients reported the ability to sleep better and a decrease in the pain and stiffness associated with fibromyalgia.’
- ‘Experts estimate that six million Americans suffer from a mysterious condition called fibromyalgia.’
- ‘The goals of treatment for fibromyalgia are to control pain and improve function.’
- ‘Indeed, women who are deficient in vitamin D often are misdiagnosed with fibromyalgia or even somatization syndromes.’
- ‘Patients who rely on pain therapies suffer from everything from back and neck pain caused by car accidents to chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia.’
- ‘Patients with fibromyalgia have tender points by definition.’
- ‘The main symptoms of fibromyalgia are pains, tender areas, and tiredness.’
- ‘The definitive differentiation between myofascial pain syndrome and fibromyalgia is made by physical examination.’
- ‘No glands were palpable, so it might be that previously both patients and doctors have misinterpreted the tenderness of fibromyalgia as lymphadenopathy.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.