One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rheumatic condition characterized by muscular or musculoskeletal pain with stiffness and localized tenderness at specific points on the body.
- ‘It can be used for a variety of conditions like migraine headaches or fibromyalgia, even cancer pain or inflammatory bowel disease.’
- ‘The goals of treatment for fibromyalgia are to control pain and improve function.’
- ‘Several clients reported the ability to sleep better and a decrease in the pain and stiffness associated with fibromyalgia.’
- ‘Antidepressants such as amitriptyline and prothiaden are sometimes used to treat chronic pain, including fibromyalgia.’
- ‘There are no specific tests for fibromyalgia and diagnosis can be difficult because of the variation in symptoms from person to person.’
- ‘The cause and pathophysiology of fibromyalgia are unknown.’
- ‘There may even be groups for specific types of chronic pain, such as arthritis, fibromyalgia or irritable bowel syndrome.’
- ‘Patients who rely on pain therapies suffer from everything from back and neck pain caused by car accidents to chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia.’
- ‘The definitive differentiation between myofascial pain syndrome and fibromyalgia is made by physical examination.’
- ‘Indeed, women who are deficient in vitamin D often are misdiagnosed with fibromyalgia or even somatization syndromes.’
- ‘The pain of arthritis and fibromyalgia keeps me awake most nights.’
- ‘The main symptoms of fibromyalgia are pains, tender areas, and tiredness.’
- ‘Patients with fibromyalgia have tender points by definition.’
- ‘Experts estimate that six million Americans suffer from a mysterious condition called fibromyalgia.’
- ‘Studies of clinic patients with fibromyalgia have suggested that it is a difficult condition to treat and symptoms resolve infrequently.’
- ‘This unfortunate merry-go-round is especially serious with certain painful conditions like fibromyalgia.’
- ‘They say that widespread body pain is a cardinal feature of fibromyalgia.’
- ‘Melatonin may be used to treat insomnia, delayed sleep phase syndrome, fibromyalgia, or jet lag.’
- ‘There is also substantial overlap with other functional disorders such as chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, and chronic pelvic pain.’
- ‘No glands were palpable, so it might be that previously both patients and doctors have misinterpreted the tenderness of fibromyalgia as lymphadenopathy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.