Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a disease) characterized by the development of fibrous tissue and cystic spaces, typically in the pancreas or the breast.
- ‘Women with a fibrocystic disease should continue to do breast self-examination.’
- ‘Most breast tenderness that comes and goes with the period is due to benign fibrocystic disease and should not be a cause for concern.’
- ‘The rest of the breast tissue showed fibrocystic changes.’
- ‘Postmenopausal women receiving estrogen replacement therapy may also present with breast pain caused by fibrocystic changes.’
- ‘If a person has had a biopsy that shows certain kinds of fibrocystic disease, she may be at increased risk.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.