One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a disease) characterized by the development of fibrous tissue and cystic spaces, typically in the pancreas or the breast.
- ‘The rest of the breast tissue showed fibrocystic changes.’
- ‘If a person has had a biopsy that shows certain kinds of fibrocystic disease, she may be at increased risk.’
- ‘Women with a fibrocystic disease should continue to do breast self-examination.’
- ‘Most breast tenderness that comes and goes with the period is due to benign fibrocystic disease and should not be a cause for concern.’
- ‘Postmenopausal women receiving estrogen replacement therapy may also present with breast pain caused by fibrocystic changes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.