One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a disease) characterized by the development of fibrous tissue and cystic spaces, typically in the pancreas or the breast.
- ‘Most breast tenderness that comes and goes with the period is due to benign fibrocystic disease and should not be a cause for concern.’
- ‘Postmenopausal women receiving estrogen replacement therapy may also present with breast pain caused by fibrocystic changes.’
- ‘If a person has had a biopsy that shows certain kinds of fibrocystic disease, she may be at increased risk.’
- ‘The rest of the breast tissue showed fibrocystic changes.’
- ‘Women with a fibrocystic disease should continue to do breast self-examination.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.