One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cell in connective tissue which produces collagen and other fibres.
- ‘This application of topical nitric oxide may stimulate wound fibroblasts to increase collagen synthesis and remodeling.’
- ‘Collagen is synthesized by fibroblasts, the living cells present in all connective tissue, so named because they generate fibres - of collagen.’
- ‘A dense band of fibroblasts, collagen fibers, proteoglycans, and occasional mast cells encase the granuloma.’
- ‘Its primary function is at sites of inflammation, where it is produced in macrophages, fibroblasts, and synovial cells.’
- ‘The researchers also added connective tissue cells called fibroblasts to the mix as a crucial third ingredient.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.