One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cell in connective tissue which produces collagen and other fibres.
- ‘The researchers also added connective tissue cells called fibroblasts to the mix as a crucial third ingredient.’
- ‘Collagen is synthesized by fibroblasts, the living cells present in all connective tissue, so named because they generate fibres - of collagen.’
- ‘Its primary function is at sites of inflammation, where it is produced in macrophages, fibroblasts, and synovial cells.’
- ‘A dense band of fibroblasts, collagen fibers, proteoglycans, and occasional mast cells encase the granuloma.’
- ‘This application of topical nitric oxide may stimulate wound fibroblasts to increase collagen synthesis and remodeling.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.