Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cell in connective tissue which produces collagen and other fibres.
- ‘A dense band of fibroblasts, collagen fibers, proteoglycans, and occasional mast cells encase the granuloma.’
- ‘The researchers also added connective tissue cells called fibroblasts to the mix as a crucial third ingredient.’
- ‘This application of topical nitric oxide may stimulate wound fibroblasts to increase collagen synthesis and remodeling.’
- ‘Its primary function is at sites of inflammation, where it is produced in macrophages, fibroblasts, and synovial cells.’
- ‘Collagen is synthesized by fibroblasts, the living cells present in all connective tissue, so named because they generate fibres - of collagen.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.