Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A tumour formed of mixed fibrous and glandular tissue, typically occurring as a benign growth in the breast.
- ‘There are benign breast tumors called fibroadenomas (some women call the ‘fibroids’), which are part of the fibrocystic tendencies.’
- ‘Benign lumps can be caused by cysts (sacs of fluid which build up in the breast tissue) or fibroadenomas (solid growths made up of fibrous and glandular tissue).’
- ‘For example, a teenager with a fibroadenoma (fibroid tumor) may choose to have the lump removed by excisional biopsy.’
- ‘Among benign breast tumors, fibroadenomas were the most common.’
- ‘In this study, most benign tumoral lesions were categorized as fibroadenomas and adenomas.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.