One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The enzymatic breakdown of the fibrin in blood clots.
- ‘This includes the use of erythropoietin, surgical techniques that minimise blood loss, and drugs that inhibit fibrinolysis; greater degrees of anaemia are tolerated, and phlebotomy undertaken for diagnostic testing is minimal.’
- ‘Increasing stomach pH in patients with an acute bleeding peptic ulcer will enhance platelet function and inhibit fibrinolysis, but do these actions result in better patient outcomes?’
- ‘However, successful fibrinolysis probably depends on drug delivery to the clot, and as blood pressure falls, so reperfusion becomes less likely.’
- ‘Molecular markers related to hemostasis and fibrinolysis consist of proteins or peptides that indicate an ongoing physiological or abnormal process related to clot formation, thrombosis, vascular damage, or drug effect.’
- ‘It is likely better to consider it as more fibrinolysis than clotting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.