One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A building material made of wood or other plant fibres compressed into boards.
- ‘Cabinets are constructed from inexpensive medium density fiberboard and stained green.’
- ‘The counters were cast upside down, so the bottom form surface was constructed with two sheets of 3/4-inch-thick high-density fiberboard screwed together.’
- ‘Plastic buckets, medium-density fiberboard, and borrowed carpet tiles create comfortable bench seating with a raked backrest.’
- ‘Five smaller horizontal paintings on fiberboard are the more resolved of the two series as they suggest the controlled bonding of a swirling, viscous substance to a smooth surface.’
- ‘The construction is a mix of beech plywood with a matt finish and medium density fibreboard for shelving and uprights, painted matt white.’
- ‘The book also evaluates the use of glass, stone, wood and fibreboard, metal, paint, tiles and various flooring.’
- ‘The actual constructions, however, foregrounded human endeavor in the crisply minimal forms and sensuously smooth surfaces of medium density fiberboard.’
- ‘If you are planning to paint your cabinets, consider using a manufactured wood product such as medium density fiberboard to construct the boxes.’
- ‘The sheet of fibreboard on the front door hid a security grill.’
- ‘In office buildings, the major sources of formaldehyde are likely to be particle board, fiberboard and plywood in furniture and paneling; glues; and upholstery and drapery fabrics.’
- ‘Most bathroom and kitchen cabinets are fashioned from particle- or fiberboard, which off-gas formaldehyde from the glues.’
- ‘Created on supports made of filled fiberboard, often with rounded edges and one or two deep grooves, the paintings recall utilitarian objects like machines or appliances.’
- ‘Depending on the type of roof and the structure on which it is installed, a range of roofing insulation products can be used, including fiberboard, fiberglass, perlite, cellular glass, corkboard, polyurethane and polystyrene.’
- ‘Rectangular panels of fiberboard, each painted a solid color, are juxtaposed to create works that achieve harmonic balance.’
- ‘For wall surfaces, fiberboard with a textile wrap is acoustically and visually the best solution, and light, neutral shades of beige, gray, or blue in matte finishes are recommended.’
- ‘It can grow on material with a high cellulose and low nitrogen content, such as fiberboard, gypsum board, paper, dust, and lint.’
- ‘Modulating vertical panels of deep blue fibreboard, under windows hooded with sunshading wind baffles, spiral up, expressing the rising levels of the interior rooms.’
- ‘Woodchip is used for several purposes namely as a feedstock for fibreboard, cattle bedding or as a boiler fuel.’
- ‘He was particularly proud that these new speakers were made from solid wood panels, and not fiberboard like many speakers.’
- ‘At one of its long edges, the top extends upward, benchlike, to form a backboard; the two perpendicular surfaces are fitted with a single inlaid sheet of medium-density fiberboard.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.