One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A building material made of wood or other plant fibres compressed into boards.
- ‘The actual constructions, however, foregrounded human endeavor in the crisply minimal forms and sensuously smooth surfaces of medium density fiberboard.’
- ‘Modulating vertical panels of deep blue fibreboard, under windows hooded with sunshading wind baffles, spiral up, expressing the rising levels of the interior rooms.’
- ‘Rectangular panels of fiberboard, each painted a solid color, are juxtaposed to create works that achieve harmonic balance.’
- ‘At one of its long edges, the top extends upward, benchlike, to form a backboard; the two perpendicular surfaces are fitted with a single inlaid sheet of medium-density fiberboard.’
- ‘He was particularly proud that these new speakers were made from solid wood panels, and not fiberboard like many speakers.’
- ‘Cabinets are constructed from inexpensive medium density fiberboard and stained green.’
- ‘It can grow on material with a high cellulose and low nitrogen content, such as fiberboard, gypsum board, paper, dust, and lint.’
- ‘If you are planning to paint your cabinets, consider using a manufactured wood product such as medium density fiberboard to construct the boxes.’
- ‘In office buildings, the major sources of formaldehyde are likely to be particle board, fiberboard and plywood in furniture and paneling; glues; and upholstery and drapery fabrics.’
- ‘Plastic buckets, medium-density fiberboard, and borrowed carpet tiles create comfortable bench seating with a raked backrest.’
- ‘Depending on the type of roof and the structure on which it is installed, a range of roofing insulation products can be used, including fiberboard, fiberglass, perlite, cellular glass, corkboard, polyurethane and polystyrene.’
- ‘The book also evaluates the use of glass, stone, wood and fibreboard, metal, paint, tiles and various flooring.’
- ‘The counters were cast upside down, so the bottom form surface was constructed with two sheets of 3/4-inch-thick high-density fiberboard screwed together.’
- ‘Created on supports made of filled fiberboard, often with rounded edges and one or two deep grooves, the paintings recall utilitarian objects like machines or appliances.’
- ‘Most bathroom and kitchen cabinets are fashioned from particle- or fiberboard, which off-gas formaldehyde from the glues.’
- ‘The construction is a mix of beech plywood with a matt finish and medium density fibreboard for shelving and uprights, painted matt white.’
- ‘Woodchip is used for several purposes namely as a feedstock for fibreboard, cattle bedding or as a boiler fuel.’
- ‘The sheet of fibreboard on the front door hid a security grill.’
- ‘Five smaller horizontal paintings on fiberboard are the more resolved of the two series as they suggest the controlled bonding of a swirling, viscous substance to a smooth surface.’
- ‘For wall surfaces, fiberboard with a textile wrap is acoustically and visually the best solution, and light, neutral shades of beige, gray, or blue in matte finishes are recommended.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.