One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for female genital mutilation
- ‘Their and our ultimate goal is to help bring about an end to FGM.’
- ‘The laws which made FGM illegal were introduced in France and England at about the same time, in the mid-1980s.’
- ‘"It is important that healthcare workers are aware of FGM and with an expansion of the migrant population they may see increasing numbers of women affected."’
- ‘The country banned FGM in 1999, though just making it illegal is never enough.’
- ‘It is estimated that 140 million women worldwide are subjected to the practice, also known as FGM, according to the World Health Organization.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.