One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- short for female genital mutilation
- ‘It is estimated that 140 million women worldwide are subjected to the practice, also known as FGM, according to the World Health Organization.’
- ‘The laws which made FGM illegal were introduced in France and England at about the same time, in the mid-1980s.’
- ‘"It is important that healthcare workers are aware of FGM and with an expansion of the migrant population they may see increasing numbers of women affected."’
- ‘Their and our ultimate goal is to help bring about an end to FGM.’
- ‘The country banned FGM in 1999, though just making it illegal is never enough.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.