Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A diagram showing electromagnetic interactions between subatomic particles.
- ‘Also, although it may seem surprising, string diagrams are mathematically much simpler than Feynman diagrams.’
- ‘Lloyd points out that ‘if you've ever tried to calculate Feynman diagrams and do quantum dynamics, simulating quantum systems is hard.’’
- ‘A Feynman diagram decorated with a single photon loop can just as well be festooned with two loops.’
- ‘As for theory, the next major stage will require serious attention to the five-loop Feynman diagrams.’
- ‘The genus h surface is identified as the corresponding string theory Feynman diagram.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.