Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A diagram showing electromagnetic interactions between subatomic particles.
- ‘Lloyd points out that ‘if you've ever tried to calculate Feynman diagrams and do quantum dynamics, simulating quantum systems is hard.’’
- ‘Also, although it may seem surprising, string diagrams are mathematically much simpler than Feynman diagrams.’
- ‘As for theory, the next major stage will require serious attention to the five-loop Feynman diagrams.’
- ‘A Feynman diagram decorated with a single photon loop can just as well be festooned with two loops.’
- ‘The genus h surface is identified as the corresponding string theory Feynman diagram.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.