One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They are their dogs' ventriloquists and mind readers, as well as parents, entertainers, waiters, nurses and fetchers.’
- ‘My role is usually the driver and fetcher and carrier.’
- ‘But perhaps more significantly, this fetcher and carrier has lacked top class support around him.’
- ‘The courts look expansive and realistic, and are full of neat little touches like ball fetchers kneeled pensively at the ends of the net and lingering footprints on the clay court surface.’
- ‘‘I was hired pretty much as a fetcher to work in a men's clothing factory,’ he explained.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.