One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The closest I've felt to festiveness thus far was at my work Christmas function, but that might have actually been drunkenness.’
- ‘Combining these ingredients in a healthful way shouldn't be painful but rather should lend itself to the festiveness of the occasion.’
- ‘I may like colored lights, but I do not like tacky displays of festiveness.’
- ‘When I've been in Muslim countries, you go and eat in people's homes, and there's a sense of being together and festiveness and community.’
- ‘While this may be due to the fact that the structure of apartment buildings makes pasting of couplets difficult, it detracts from much of the festiveness of the occasion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.