One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There hasn't been great fervency for football up here but I detect a change and that the club is now capturing our public's imagination.’
- ‘Bernard was not content with careful exegesis and orthodox doctrine - there is also an unusual fervency and passion in the sermons.’
- ‘It is with the same level of fervency that I'm told in the media that the postmodernist EU is all sweetness and light while the US acts ‘selfishly’ or as a ‘bully boy’.’
- ‘He has succeeded in expressing the fervency and zeal both of the minister and his congregation.’
- ‘Well, Sontag points to the ‘passionate bleakness’ of ‘a restless, chronically dissatisfied mind’ that offers us ‘moral fervency and gifts of compassion’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.