One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Because female Collared Flycatchers only lay one clutch per season, the proportion of fertilizable females declines as the proportion of incubating females increase.’
- ‘This, and the consequent high ratio of sexually active males to fertilizable females, causes the males to be rather indiscriminate and the females to exert careful mate choice.’
- ‘Furthermore, males would benefit, because there would be more fertilizable females available, which would increase EPC opportunities.’
- ‘These sexual differences are reflected in the operational sex ratio; the ratio of fertilizable females to sexually active males at the site and time when mating occurs.’
- ‘One factor long hypothesized to influence the skew in male mating success in a population is the temporal distribution of fertilizable females.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.