One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The ferryman asks a high price if he expects us to obey his commands.’
- ‘The ferryman steered his craft across the moonlit Nile.’
- ‘Every table has views over the loch, and the renovated croft and ferryman's cottage is decorated in a light, breezy way that immediately puts you at ease.’
- ‘Sure, you might have to pay a toll, but you could travel when you wished, unimpeded by the comings and goings of ferrymen and foul weather.’
- ‘We learnt this from an old ferryman who was able to take his small boat over to deliver supplies from nearby farms.’
- ‘My grim Mexican ferryman didn't utter a word throughout the crossing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.