One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It loses its ferromagnetism when what is called the Curie point is reached.’
- ‘Pauli's basic model was wrong, as it considered only orbital magnetism; spin, still undiscovered in 1920, has a major role both in ferromagnetism and in the anomalous Zeeman effect.’
- ‘Strictly speaking, there are no examples of materials in which singlet superconductivity and ferromagnetism co-exist.’
- ‘Permanent magnetism, or ferromagnetism, is a rare property of molecular structures.’
- ‘However, they have revealed problems with existing theories of ferromagnetism and superconductivity that are likely to keep researchers busy for some time to come.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.