One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt containing the anion Fe(CN)₆⁴⁻.
- ‘The process works because soluble copper and iron form insoluble compounds with the ferrocyanide ion.’
- ‘We can't say one is more likely than another - the water system map was there, the ferrocyanide was there and the gunpowder was there.’
- ‘Protons diffuse across a membrane from the anode chamber to the cathode chamber, where they react with the anions to form water or ferrocyanide ions.’
- ‘For some samples a mixture of ferricyanide and ferrocyanide were added to the pellet.’
- ‘The ferrocyanide reacts with ferric ion to produce a blue color via the Prussian blue indicator, with the intensity of the color being proportional to the glucose concentration in the sample.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.