One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt containing the anion Fe(CN)₆³⁻.
- ‘The latter spectrum was measured after reduction of cyt-c with ascorbic acid, followed by oxidation using ferricyanide.’
- ‘The intactness of chloroplasts was estimated from the difference in the quantum yield of photosynthetic complex II in the presence and absence of ferricyanide, measured using a PAM2000 Chlorophyll Fluorometer (Walz, Germany).’
- ‘‘When glucose encounters the enzyme, hydrogen peroxide is produced, which quickly reacts with the ferricyanide to modulate the electronic structure and optical characteristics of the nanotube,’ Strano said.’
- ‘This can be caused by an unresolved contribution to the spectrum from a small proportion of cells that has higher permeability to ferricyanide ions and, consequently, increased peak-to-peak width.’
- ‘The ferricyanide test confirmed that the brown colouration of the water extracts was closely associated with tannins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.