One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The action of transporting someone or something by ferry.
- ‘The state of Ohio has the right to establish ferries on the Ohio side of the Ohio river and to fix their charges for ferriage over the river from Ohio to West Virginia.’
- ‘But such vessel can not be used for mere ferriage across a river.’
- 1.1 The fare paid for a journey by ferry.
- ‘The proprietor of any ferry may require lawful ferriage to be paid previously to a passage over his ferry.’
- ‘To-day the Fishkill and Newburg Ferry Company, owned by the Homer Ramsdell estate of Newburg, posted a notice that hereafter ferriage across the Hudson will be 7 cents each way.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.