One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘By definition, foregut fermentors comprise animals with a pregastric fermentation chambers such as the rumen, reticulum, and omasum of ruminants and diverticula or fermentative sacs of other ruminant-like mammals.’
- ‘Large dinosaurs could have obtained their daily energy requirements from a low quality fiber diet presumably due to a slow rate of passage and long exposure of digesta to fermentative digestion than smaller dinosaurs.’
- ‘The fermentative activity of these microbes results in the production of volatile fatty acids that are absorbed by the host animal and make a variable and in some cases considerable contribution to its nutritional economy.’
- ‘It is well established that adaptive responses, such as increased alcohol dehydrogenase gene expression and fermentative metabolism, are initiated under conditions of hypoxia, as well as anoxia.’
- ‘As they discovered the inebriating qualities of some fermented foods, they focused attention on those fermentative processes, ultimately leading to the beer and wine industries of today.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.