One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But vodka can be made from anything that has fermentable sugars - and grapes are among the popular alternatives.’
- ‘Corn is the most readily apparent upon tasting - it is used by brewers to add fermentable sugar cheaply, since corn is significantly less expensive and requires less processing than barley.’
- ‘The organism requires a complex mixture of organic substrates for growth, including fermentable carbohydrates and peptides.’
- ‘When grown on a fermentable carbon source, yeast derive the bulk of their energy through the glycolytic pathway by fermentation.’
- ‘In France, for example, winemakers for centuries have used a process known as chaptalization, which is the addition of fermentable materials - including cane sugar!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.