One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But vodka can be made from anything that has fermentable sugars - and grapes are among the popular alternatives.’
- ‘When grown on a fermentable carbon source, yeast derive the bulk of their energy through the glycolytic pathway by fermentation.’
- ‘In France, for example, winemakers for centuries have used a process known as chaptalization, which is the addition of fermentable materials - including cane sugar!’
- ‘The organism requires a complex mixture of organic substrates for growth, including fermentable carbohydrates and peptides.’
- ‘Corn is the most readily apparent upon tasting - it is used by brewers to add fermentable sugar cheaply, since corn is significantly less expensive and requires less processing than barley.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.